View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 12:55 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
You have me super curious, what wasn't robust enough about it? I kind of think of the laptop and the desktop tower as the "brains" and the external equipment is interchangeable between either set up (i.e. a laptop is essentially just a portable desktop). I would think issues with speed, etc are specific to how good of a machine someone buys (processor, memory, etc).
I wondered the same thing. My laptop is great . It's a 17" HP Envy. 16GB RAM, great graphics and speedy processor...but even my beast could be upgraded. When I swapped my 1TB HDD for a 1TB SSD, the speed was amazing. It handled a docking station with 4 EHDs with no problem.

Having said that, it took awhile to find a desktop worth buying because I really really really love my laptop. But then I saw the HP Omen 30L and had to have it, so I bought it last month. I like having a desktop because the 27" monitor I got is awesome (I actually don't like having two monitors. I found I prefer having one large monitor). Anyway, my point is that the kids bother me less when I'm in the office on the desktop than when I'm out in the living room using my laptop. Sure, the laptop has flexibility, but it also means I'm distracted more. So that's something to think about, too.