View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Banned

profile gallery

I get ragey when women's health is dismissed in general, but we've really been left in the dark about peri/menopause. It may be inevitable for us, but it's a seriously difficult time for many/most women.

There are days when the mood swings and the hot/cold flashes make everyday life a mine field for me. I refuse to shrivel up and die like society tries to make 50+ year old women feel they should do. Girl, my ovaries are shriveling up, but I'm not.

I usually get night sweats and then cold chills afterwards. I have to sleep with a fan because of the sweats and then once it passes I lay there drenched in sweat and freeze until I wake up for the 100th time during the night to pee. Don't even get me started on the headaches, brain fog, and I've forgotten what a good night sleep actually feels like.

I do like resources like https://heyperry.com/ They're on Insta and they have a great app/community with lots of resources about all sorts of symptoms no one talks about (ear itchiness, tinnitus, etc) that impact women at this stage in life. It's really enlightening and educational.

I hope you're able to find some relief, Lorie!