View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 07:45 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
I think unless there was trauma related to that particular person you don't want showing, then I would keep the photos as is. It is part of who we are and how it happened. So I wouldn't want to edit that. But again, if there was some bad things happening, like really bad things, then I would edit it. Or just add foliage right on top of their face.
I guess it depends on the scrapper if they want to address the trauma? I've long debated scrapping my brother's suicide, and his fiance's role in it. ...I may not use her photo because her face makes me sick, but I might journal the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I am very much a "telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" scrapper so no, I don't leave out the bad bits or the ex-people. The nice thing about only being a little "behind" in my scrapping is that most or all of the photos have already been scrapped before the person's cut out of the family!

A family member went through a rough divorce a couple years ago. Since their child is nearly grown, I don't ever see their ex or have pictures of them since the split. I do have a handful of photos pre-split but they're nothing special or that has to be told. I did scrap the last birthday party/photos while they were together because they were the family's member birthday and would have looked strange left out of my album. The ex was in every single photo I took.

I agree with the others who mention not sharing "controversial" layouts/photos on social media + including people based on their longevity & importance. An ex-spouse & especially one with whom the family member had children? I wouldn't leave them out. A childhood boyfriend/girlfriend who was only around a few months? I wouldn't need to include them.

Even my ex from many moons ago, who was abusive, was scrapped. I am waiting to print that album but I will print it and I will have it on my shelves with all of my other albums. It's part of my history. All the pages I made of his children (the bulk of my scrapping those four years) will be printed off and sent in albums to his (now adult) children for their memory-keeping.
That's probably the biggest variable. Sharing on social media sure changed memory keeping!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
I have done this as a service to a couple people. My sister's sister-in-law (her hubby's sister) was murdered by her husband. They had no photos of her and her daughter without him, I photoshopped him out of 10-12 photos for them because looking at him caused immense trauma, but they wanted her daughter (then 3 years old) to remember her mom.

I also photoshopped out my cousin's ex when they broke up (bad breakup).

I didn't scrap any of these pics, but figured why not?
I would have no qualms about deleting that person!!