View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 02:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I haven't printed with this company, but I have printed with a few others. Each book printer should have specs for the area around the edges that may be cut off in printing/cropping. That said, it's not an exact science, so let's say the printer says up to 1/4 inch may be cut in cropping. I wouldn't recommend putting a 1/4 inch border around the layouts because some of that border may still show (it won't be exactly 1/4 inch that gets cut). If you want your layouts to print where they cover the whole page without a border, what is best to do is to make sure nothing important (journaling, someone's face in a photo, etc) is in that 1/4 inch space on the edges. I've had to adjust to this over time and design pages with this in mind. I'm a traditional scrapper, so it's fairly easy for me to make sure nothing important gets put on the edges of my layouts. I can see how it could be a little tricky with pocket style. Maybe someone else who does that will chime in with suggestions. I hope what I said makes sense and helps