View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 03:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I totally am in summer mode... I want to stop the books we are working on and move onto the fun stuff! haha I am soooo burnt out! But I know, we have to keep learning or we will have issues come fall.

As I mentioned in a different post, we are going to do school over summer... but I want it to be fun. Jake has been pleading to do more school, so I'm happy to comply. haha...

Math - Life of Fred. we have already started it and J is hooked - have done 8 chapters in the last two days!
Science - I have a whole year supply of Magic School Bus subscriptions that we are going to burn through... and then if something sparks more interest, which it will, there will be a tangent for more experiences and books to read.
Geography - J's fav subject... and he is obsessed with USA, so we are going to make lapbooks about different states.
Composures - J's request to learn more about classical music.
Other - I have a curriculum that I purchased two years go and never got use of, Moving Beyond the Page, so we will dabble a bit in that, too.

It looks like a lot - but I figure we will do our typical 4 hours or so in the morning and then the afternoon is free play, similar schedule we have now. It will be more informal because he will have a week of VBS and GeoDraw Camp to go to... plus I'll get him into swimming lessons... and probably something to do with soccer or baseball, but that is like an hour once a week for 4 weeks.