View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 09:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy S View Post
My son is almost finished with his current computer programming class. I suggested he wait until summer was over before picking up another course, but he says he wants to start a new one. I was planning on just a little math during the summer months but not much more.
What class is this? How old is he? My son has been trying to find books on computer programming but they all seem to be to "old" for him or outdated! So this post made me curious as he would love to do something like this in the summer for sure!

We started late (books didn't arrive on time) and then we moved TWICE in the first year of homeschooling. Factor in we have to drive 2 hours to get to the vet for our new puppies (so sorry to hear yours didn't work out Brooke!! Don't feel bad though...you are letting it go to a home who will not suffer and will love on him/her.) so we've had more than our share of half days. And we are doing a pretty "hard-core" curriculum time-wise so...yeah we are 19 days behind. So will finish mid-June. I think we are ready now though. We've been pushing it pretty hard to get caught up/not fall further behind. I am trying to make things fun as well, but it seems like we often only have time for the "haves". Sigh. Totally feeling like I'm doing all of it wrong (and I'm not cut out for it).

So looks like June 18 will be our last day if we don't lose any more half days/full days to things. And still no idea what program we will do (or combo of) next year for my 3rd and 6th graders then. I think I feel more pressure with my 6th grader than anything to make sure he is getting "enough". Plus they are "lazy" when it comes to writing, so we do battle daily with that. They can...they just don't want to.