View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 10:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I am much more sensitive to kid noise than adult noise. Family gatherings on one side where there are 6 kids playing, running, & shouting on top of each other set me on edge. I could never be a teacher (not only the noise but also not being able to have my own space). I am also really sensitive/embarrassed about noise that happens when it's not supposed to be --- people talking during class, a movie, church, etc. Being in a large talkative crowd does not bother me -- I can tune it out to a murmur.

We live in a relatively quiet neighborhood without much traffic. I'm sure there are birds and other Nature noises that I completely tune out. The houses are very close together but all of our closest neighbors are child-free or have grown children. The boys that my son plays with down the alley never come down this way (not sure if they're not allowed or just not interested) so he goes there to make noise & play. A couple have dogs that bark sometimes but, thankfully, not excessively.

I'm a very light sleeper so I appreciate the lack of outside noises. We have plenty of inside noises to make up for them.