View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 11:15 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
Well, I use solid papers on my layouts, but when I do, I put paint splatters on it or I put the solid on top of a pattern and then use the eraser tool to subtly erase area/s of the solid papers like this one or this one. I have a page I made where I used a solid and I wasn't solved with the white space being literal. But there are times when I feel intimidated by bold pattern papers that I will save a copy using a pattern paper and a solid with paint, you know what I mean?
Those are beautiful layouts!! And yes! I know what you mean! I've done that a lot in the past because it felt like I was missing on a solid piece of paper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
I'm the opposite. I love solid backgrounds. I use patterned backgrounds on occasion but I far prefer the cleaner look of solids. I find it draws the eye to the photos more easily. It's just my style though. I absolutely admire those who use patterns more, but for myself less is more.
I'm going to have to try this, after DSD of course!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnZant View Post
I had to look also. I was surprised at how many solids I've used. I would have thought that I was a pattern gal all the way. Now, I like to layer my background papers, so at least one of the layers is a solid most of the time. It just might not be the one that is on top.
It's an eye-opener, isn't it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubia Padilha View Post
Patterned papers! Unless it is a pretty kraft/cardboard paper... I loooooooooooove some cardboard paper. I remember when that was a trend... such a good time. lol
Please bring cardboard and kraft back!! I miss those days!!