View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What's the last book/books you finished?
What are you reading right now?
What's on your TBR?

What's the last book/books you finished?

The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison

This book was a great surprise..so different and just really good.

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

I tackled this behemoth first thing this year...over 1400 pages y'all. It was SO good. If you love classics don't be scared..it's really good.

Elijah's Mermaid by Essie Fox

I saw this book on a booktube channel a while ago and it looked so interesting that I wanted to pick it up. I had to order it from the UK b/c it's not available in the states...I'm sad to say I was disappointed. It was just an okay read..nothing special. :/ Beautiful cover though

Assassin's Apprentice and Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb - books 1 and 2 in the Farseer Trilogy

So I love some good epic fantasy but I'd never read anything by Robin Hobb. These were good..and I've heard that her books get better as you go. I'm still deciding if I love her writing or not...we'll see.

The Witch of Napoli by Michael Schmicker

This was my least favorite read for January...it just didn't work for me. It was very short though.

Slammerkin by Emma Donoghue

I loved this book. It was one of those that you start reading and you just don't want to put down..and even when it's over you're kind of still there with the characters in that world for a while. Really good and highly recommend if you like historical fiction.

The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making and The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There by Catherynne M. Valente

Absolutely my favorite reads of January...and I even gave the first book 5 stars on Goodreads and it takes a LOT for me to give a book 5 stars. These are the first two books in the Fairyland Series (there are currently 4 published and a new one coming in March). If you love middle grade fantasy this is middle grade fantasy done absolutely right. It's heavily inspired by Narnia, Oz, Wonderland and various other magical storybook places...all about a girl named September who visits Fairyland and gets into all kinds of mischief which sounds like a usual trope..which it is..but the difference is Cat Valente's
writing which is outstanding. Wonderfully lyrical, funny, magical just perfect..I cannot recommend this series enough.

What are you reading right now?

Assassin's Quest (Farseer Trilogy #3) by Robin Hobb

Third and longest book in the series and good so far.

The Girl Who Soared Over Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two (Fairyland #3)
by Catherynne M. Valente

What's on your TBR?

The Girl Who Ruled Fairyland - For a Little While (Fairyland #0.5)
by Catherynne M. Valente

This is a prequel novella.

The Boy Who Lost Fairyland (Fairyland #4)by Catherynne M. Valente

And on Audible I'm planning on this one next...

Last edited by nikkiARNGwife; 02-01-2016 at 04:12 PM.