View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 09:25 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
Jo and Rae, so sorry for your losses. Covid sucks. My husband's cousins lost their dad on Christmas morning.

My cloud (which I guess you need to have a silver lining) is that I'm changing positions at work and a bit sad about it. I have done tech at a school for 8 years and now I will be doing reading interventions. I worked a few weeks of tech this summer to help wrap things up and now that I'm done I don't quite know what to do with myself. I don't define myself by my position, but it will be hard to not be that 'go to' person for everyone.

Silver lining... I don't have to work all summer which is great since I am a full time student and have some projects due. I finished one class this week and a new one starts Monday. I will also have a chance to relax a little this summer (I worked all last summer) and to get my house in order to prepare me for next year.

Also a silver lining... The new position will be good teaching experience for me. In addition to the tech thing, I've taught STEM the past few years but it isn't the same as teaching a core class. My district looks favorably on teachers who start out in Title One so I am going to use this to my advantage and get some different experience to add to my resume.
so much love to your cousins..what a horrid thing to go through.

your new career 'move' sounds amazing. I don't understand US schooling terminology at all but it all sounds like good thing for you. Enjoy having time this summer, we don't give ourselves enough of it and we sure need it. xx