View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 06:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Glad to have you back! Sorry this move hasn't gone quite as well as the others! Do they have to pack for you, or can you pack things yourself? (sorry, never had anyone else move us, we've only ever moved ourselves).

Hopefully you get everything figured out, found and fixed soon and can settle in and make your new place a home!
They pack for us. Almost everything that I had packed, they dumped out and repacked because they have to make sure it's stuff that can be moved. A lot of my totes, they dumped out and then threw stuff back in the totes, or they dumped the totes in to boxes and set aside the empty totes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
oh what a nightmare! I'm glad I packed all our stuff. I've got a bit of a compulsion disorder when it comes to where things go...
If we didn't move every 1-3 years, I'd totally pack our stuff. But with moving so much, it gets old and tiresome. My husband said we will have at least two more moves to make and we can do it on our own. I reminded him that we struggled getting the Ikea shelf up the stairs, that we are getting older, and doing it ourselves really isn't much of an option if he wants to stay in the Army uninjured So sadly, these next few moves will be done by movers