View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 02:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingbec View Post
I'm sorry to hear you've had some rough weeks. I think I find comfort in anything distracting....working on a sewing project, knitting while watching movies or binge-watching something, or reading (if the book is engrossing and doesn't hit too close to home on whatever my rough situation is)
Thanks, Rebecca! Distraction is good... I've definitely been doing that

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
Mine is reading. I like to do it in bed with a soft, fluffy blanket and a cold drink. And if I fall asleep doing it, that is even better for this insomniac.
Falling asleep reading is one of my favorites, too! I use the Kindle app on my phone, so it will shut off on its own which is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
A nice hot, relaxing bath! I took one yesterday afternoon when we got home from a hockey game on a frozen lake (I was BEYOND frozen!) I didn't turn the lights on, but it was afternoon, so still light enough to see, shut the door (to keep dog/kids out!) and read my book. It was SO amazing to just have that 45 mins to myself & relax (and get warm!)
I've never been a bath person, but after being out in the cold, I imagine it was amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Chocolate and/or hot cocoa. Other than that, curl up in a warm blanket, lay on the couch and do nothing. Sometimes I need to just calm my head and heart and doing nothing helps.
Anything chocolate is a good thing! I'm glad you can sit and do nothing!! I wish I had that skill!!