View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 12:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Current Reads... December

Our recent insane Nutcracker schedule left me with buckets of time to read during all of the endless rehearsals, allowing me to shoot past my 200th read for 2019!

One of my reading woes this past month was that I tried to read a couple of sequels to books I finished a couple of years ago and found myself completely lost! Like, who is this character?? Are they new? Am I suppose to remember what is currently going on? How could I have forgotten so much of the storyline/characters?? So now I'm not sure if I'll have to reread the first book in order to successfully read/enjoy the second. Has this ever happened to you? It makes me feel a bit senile! These are the two titles in question:

And here's what I read since our last check in. A few that really stood out for me this month were Crashing the A-List: I just really enjoyed the characters so much. The Bookish Life of Nina Hill: although I would have loved more development about Tom, and I felt it ended rather abruptly -it was a delightful read. Postcards for Songbirds was a wonderful surprise! And I discovered a new to me author - Elinor Lippman! I am now trying to work through her entire catalog of titles. I love her whimsical storytelling and lyrical characters! My hands down favorite read [maybe for the year!] was Calling Down the Hawk! I had no idea when I picked it up that it was a spin off for the Raven Boys Series and it felt like Christmas to be resubmerged in that world and to learn more about my favorite character [Ronan!!] and his family. Looooved this one so much!

As I've been plowing through my TBR list it's been great to revisit these book threads and add new titles/authors to my list. So thanks for sharing your reading adventures throughout this year! You're all a wonderful resource!!

Last edited by lingovise; 12-01-2019 at 12:40 PM.