View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 07:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
Asking the other people in the picture works sometimes. My daughter barely remembers last week but my son has an incredible memory and if he was in the picture or around when it was taken, there's a good chance he'd remember something about it.

You can also thread photos together --- like use the no-story photo combined with a photo from the past with the same person or in the same setting or different people doing similar activities. I have done that before with pictures of my childhood that I don't/can't remember and my children doing similar things around the same ages and journaling about this similarity or whatever is going on in the current picture.
Asking other people is a great idea, LeeAndra! As is the "then & now" idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I think my answer is a variation on #2. I'd give as much of original story as I could. Sometimes that would be enough, and sometimes I'd add context. For example, for your laughing at Grandma's scenario I might write something like, "My sister, Grandma, and I were laughing so hard in this photo. I wish I could remember what set us off. I have so many wonderful memories just like this, sitting in the kitchen at Grandma's house. Your Grandma was quiet around most people, but at home surrounded by family she was so funny!"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That's a great perspective, Rachel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
Lately, I've been letting it go. I used to document every.single.memory, mostly when my kids were little and I was on 12 creative teams. Now that they're big, I realize that i told a lot of stories that didn't matter or mean anything, and now I really just focus on things that I care about. I'm trying to find balance. As I look through my monthly pictures, I stick with the ones that are important and leave out the rest. I'm quite certain no one will notice.
Good point, Kellie!! At one point when my daughter was a teenager, she told me that I didn't need to document everything! I still take pictures of everything, but it's probably true, that some of these things really aren't important.