View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 07:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavaDrPepper View Post
This same topic was brought up today on a FB group, more specifically about scrapping photos from vacations that no details are available. Since I have done a lot of those layouts the last couple of years (from the 70's, 80's and 90's), I shared what I've done.

Make sure I have the where, when (at least year) and names of individuals in photos if known. I have also googled for information about the place to maybe add a little bit more. I did a google map search of Ft Myers FL to find out the street names around the trailer park my grandfather lived in during the winter. I knew the general area and zeroed in on the location to get those street names... for the church that I had a photo of that was nearby. Found the building (different church name now but still there) as is the trailer park only no longer a retirement park and google view shows it being not so nice anymore One of the more interesting searches I did was to find out what bridge I had a photo of. I knew it was FL and I found it... the Sunshine Skyway Bridge in Tampa. Photo was from 1991 so for some reason that is no longer remembered we made a day trip from Ft Myers to Tampa.
Fantastic information! Thank you for sharing it!