Thread: New Designers
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 12:50 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the sweet welcome from the customer end of Sweet Shoppe Designs. Already the designers and creative team and of course, Robin, have been so welcoming. As Amber said, the dream store has always been Sweet Shoppe but I always knew it had to be at a time where I was truly ready in mind and spirit and now is that time.

The mini profile on me... married, living in Oregon, daughter that you see in 99% of my layouts who is now brilliantly working her way through her 2nd year of college (they say intelligence comes from the mom - bwahahaha). I come from a family of artists so designing comes very naturally to me although I did go back to school for graphic design in my mid-thirties. I've been designing for digital scrapbookers since before Sweet Shoppe even opened and have learned soooo much through that time and over the years truly came into my own style and learned to stick with it. More often than not, you will see one of my own layouts as one of the samples for the kits I create as I love scrapbooking my daughter, and now that she is not home as much and is a bit of a rebel about being photographed, I am learning to scrap other subject matter too! I like to say I design these days to afford a once a week personal trainer who basically keeps me strong enough to design - bwahahaha. Spending so many hours designing and on the computer is hard on the shoulders and back! What I spend on him now, I don't spend on doctors later! So, if I'm not designing, then I'm hiking, at the gym, recovering from the latest oops injury (LOL), exploring town, the beach, or the nearby mountains, drinking coffee at the bookstore perusing the magazines or cookbooks, reading a kindle book that is great to me, watching tv or a movie, trying out the next great recipe and abandoning it because it took too much work, and generally going around trying to make people smile. Being an extroverted introvert, I love people and I'm always happy to chat a bit until I need to buckle down and make a design deadline.

Come join my in my Clever Money Graphics facebook fan group - link should be in my team page bio - where I chat with my customers, play games, announce things first, give sneak peeks, etc. And I adore when you post your pages there too!!