View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 11:06 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I use BackBlaze and I have a folder system for new purchases and photos/etc that need to be backed up onto my EHDs. Currently I have 4 EHDs but one is a little more than half full and I don't "fill up" my EHDs to capacity.

Anyway, my folder system is:
my DS folder is called Digiscraps. Inside is
KITS (these are kits that are already backed up to EHDs. I don't keep everything in my laptop--that would be impossible lol, but I keep recent purchases that I want to use asap)
TEMPLATES (similar to my Kits folder)
Z DS back up (This is where new purchases go. See below for a breakdown)
z Extras (folders in this folder are JC, WA, paint...basically anything that isn't a full kit. I don't keep much in here.)
z Pics to Back up (folders by year then yyyy-mm inside. That's how I organize photos)
z Docs to back up (this will have all digital files, including music, that I need to back up)

Inside the z DS back up folder:
1 Templates
2 Previews
3 Layouts
4 Extras
(yes, they have numbers, so they show up in that exact order and my kits are all after these 4 main subfolders)
Then, after those four folders, I add all the kits that I've purchased/unzipped but have yet to back up. Each is in a folder named/arranged exactly how I normally keep them.

When I back up, I drag/drop onto my EHDs. I do it row-by-row and EHD-by-EHD, so I don't miss anything. I try to back up twice a month but it's turned into once a month. After big sales/events, I try to back up asap. I don't let things sit in my Downloads folder: I buy/download/unzip right away (except during big sales; I know that's hard on the store.) [Basically, if something is in "z DS back up," then I know it isn't yet on my EHDs, but BB will back it up automatically, so at least I have that little bit of security.] After I've backed up everything (I double-check), I move stuff to the corresponding Digiscraps' subfolder or delete off my laptop.

This is all a LOT of words...I should just take screenshots lol.

I have the subfolders arranged so that "Z DS back up" and "3 Layouts" are in the same spot in their subfolder; that way, when I click "Z DS back up," I can, without thinking, just double-click again to open the "3 Layouts" folder. This makes posting LOs in galleries take less time/less thought...and I like that lol.

Last edited by Tree City; 07-31-2020 at 06:26 PM.