View Single Post
Old 03-24-2023, 10:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I usually start by pushing everything to dropbox and then I copy it to my external hard drive into the correct year and then month for photos.

Then I'll start tagging them in ACDSee by year/month/event to scrap. Eventually I'll tag them even more into a two page spread for example
February 2023 >Cooper's Birthday>Cake or Presents, something like that.

I'll usually tag the kit or template I plan to use with that spread if I have one.

If it's a big project or I feel like I'm behind, I'll sometimes go through after I've tagged all the photos and templates I want to use, actually put the photos into the templates first, then go back and scrap everything. That's what I've been doing with Disney.

Once I save everything I keep a PSD file until I print, in a PSD folder, then I toss those once I've actually printed that layout.

Downloading kits, unzip, I just put them in the Designer's folder - then the current year. I use ACDSee to tag the Designer, theme (if there is one, otherwise I tag it to use, or boy, girl, gender neutral). I tag the alphas if I think I'll use them outside of the kit.

If I think it'll work with something I need to scrap, I'll tag it along with my to scrap photo category.

When I'm scrapping, I have created actions for my shadows, so I add all of those as I go. This year I've started adding a little extra .25 inch around my templates to give me a bit of a buffer for the edges when I print, I'm hoping it works how I think it will. LOL! I was losing text in the binding of the books.

I also tend to add photos and papers to templates first, then I'll add flowers, then delete all the extras/flowers from the template and start filling in where I feel like I need it.

Last edited by nesser1981; 03-24-2023 at 10:55 AM.