View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 12:45 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Since I work with CT stuff majority of the time. I'm starting with product.

1. I open nexusfont (my font manager)
2. I open PSCC
3. I open Windows Explorer to grab the photos/ papers/ elements from
(**if I have free time to play with my stash not for current releases, then I pull from Bridge so I have bigger previews of all the pretty things)

***my phone pics are synced with OneDrive so whether I'm using a new photo or old I have them all on my PC

4. open a template or a new 12x12 document depending on what I want
5. templates: I'm usually filling photo spots first - freestyle: usually I have an idea of base layers so I will do those first
6. papers/photos (depending on step5)
7. elements, flowers, clusters, etc....
(I usually am shadowing using my own style set as I add things)
8. journaling or titles if any
9. tweak things, placements, sizing, shadows
10. save full size and web sizes
I'm done. I do not save PSDs or TIFFs of my work. I figure that if there is a mistake in journaling etc...that it's human. Just like with photo albums when I was growing up...there was typos in handwriting, wrong dates, names, etc....so I kinda go with that. If there's a mistake, then my kids (or grand kids one day) will know that it's part of life and I was human too.

After I have a folder of saved full size layouts, around 90-100, then the whenever Shutterfly has a "unlimited lay-flat" pages sale I try to take advantage of that.

I just printed one last month, so I'm caught up. I did notice this time that they cut off more around my edges, so this year I will have to remember to leave some room