View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 01:08 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I first decide what photos I'm going to work with. I look through them to figure out how many I will scrap. Then once I narrow it down, I will look for a template or 2 that will work with the photos. I do a lot of multiple page layouts with multiple photos. Once I have the templates, I place the photos then look for a kit if I don't already have one in mind.

As for the actual scrapping, it is photos in place first then the background. Then a add any accent papers (I use a lot of templates that have lots of paper pieces). Next is adding any elements and building small clusters. Title work and journaling. Shadowing is done last and I always start with the bottom layer and work my way to the top. I may or may not do adjustments of placement at this time.

During the whole process I save my file multiple times as a pspimage file (PSP layered format). When I'm satisfied I save the image as a full sized jpg. Then I resize to 600x600 and save again. This copy goes on my excel spreadsheet of items used. But, I also run a pspscript that reads the layer names and puts the info into the creator info section of the file. That tells me exactly what papers and elements I have used but only if I drag/drop the paper or element directly into the layer palette.