Thread: How long?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 03:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

About ten minutes... when my bottomless pit of a ten-year-old came looking for another snack! LOL

I actually have thought about this though after I took a bad fall at home a few years back. I was on a rickety ladder and stretched a titch too far... well the ladder went one way and I went the other. I fell hard, narrowly missing the sharp corners of the shelves beside me and the sharp point of the scissors in my back pocket. (Yes, I know... all the things you tell your kids not to do...) I landed on my wrist, breaking it, and knocked the wind out of me. It took several moments for me to get over the shock of the fall and take stock of my potential injuries. Hubby was outside mowing the lawn and my phone was nowhere near me, so I knew I was f**cked if I was really hurt. I did manage to get up and get moving though. Thankfully only my wrist was really hurt, otherwise I was pretty badly bruised up but ok. The scariest part of it was thinking that if I had been badly hurt I would have been stuck there until hubby came in from mowing the lawn (nobody else was home at the time) and that usually takes a couple of hours.

As a fire dispatcher we often send trucks to assist ambulance with lift assist calls... some little 90 year old that's been lying on the floor for four days. Those calls get me every time. So sad to think about!