View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 10:50 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm mostly a "Do I really need it?" shopper. Before big sales I look over all the photos in my To Scrap folder and try to pick kits that I'll use for whatever group of photos I'm working on. (For example, right now I'm focused on our 2018 album, mostly the second half of the year. Over the summer I mostly worked on a Disney album.) Throughout the year I wishlist a lot more than I buy. If I buy a new release when it's released, I probably have specific plans for it and have been waiting for something like that. (And yes, every once in a while I'll cave because a kit is just so pretty, even if I'm not sure what I'll scrap with it.) Templates are my weakness--they're the scrap supply I hoard. If I see one I like, I don't need to have a specific plan in mind for it.

Earlier in my scrapping I was more budget focused, but I shopped more often so I had to be. Now I shop during big sales and when there's a must-have new release, which may only be once a month or less. So I spend more on big sales now but less overall. DH and I each have a small account for spending money that we can spend any way we like without justifying our purchases. That's where all my scrapping money comes from, otherwise I'd get the evil eye from DH every time I bought scrap stuff!

Last edited by rach3975; 10-08-2019 at 10:52 PM.