View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 05:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Today we got notice that school will be cancelled starting monday March 16, for 3 weeks. They would be scheduled to go back on April 6th. However, that is their scheduled 1st day of Spring Break, so no clue what that means! Our district isn't a very rich school district, many kids rely on free meals at the schools to actually eat. We heard the schools will continue this program for them (which is very nice). Half of the kids probably do not have home computers, so there will be no online classes (only a couple for AP). I don't know what we're going to do for 4 weeks at home! Everything is cancelled. We are in the stages of painting our kitchen and redoing it some..so I guess it will be project time!

We had to go grocery shopping today (it was our budgeted week to go, and we were running out of stuff). No toilet paper, no bread, no flour (but there was sugar...weird), no tuna fish, no soap or cleaning supplies (even laundry detergent), no slice cheese (but plenty of shredded cheese), hardly any meat. We used our imaginations! 2 bottles of Dawn dish soap to use as cleaner or for hand soap if needed (we have extra soap so I wasn't worried), shredded cheese to use for grilled cheese, block cheese sliced up to use for sandwhiches, meatballs for spagettig (instead of hamburg), ground sausage instead of hamburg for tacos etc. We grocery shop for the month (with small trips in between for like bread, milk, cereal etc). So I'm sure we looked like we were stocking up, but we were actually just grocery shopping for a month for a family of 6!

I have a very good friend in MN who's daughter found some toilet paper while out shopping, and she's going to ship us a package! I'll be able to say my toilet paper came from MN! We had 4 rolls to get us through the next month (that will last only a few days here). We found some at the gas station (no-name, small rolls, but I bought 2 packages).

My husband works in shipping, so they can't close or work from home. He's been super busy with everyone doing their shopping from home. His busy months are usually Nov-Jan...but this has been crazy!

Our Church has cancelled services for Sunday, but our pastor will do Facebook live from Church with his message so we can all worship that way!