View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 12:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The impact this is having on all aspects of our lives is necessary ,I know, but devastating. I have a hard time wrapping my head around all that is happening. I've not been online much this week. I needed some time to process what is going on in our world. I've been out scrounging for food without much luck so far, going out for 2-3 hrs each day. I work from home for 2 doctors and they are now switching to tele-medicine (online) and only seeing urgent patients who may not need to go to the hospital but need to be seen rather than talked to remotely. So I probably will be working half time or 1/3 time for the foreseeable future. Its scary b/c I am self employed, if I don't work I don't get paid so will need to be very careful with finances. I don't qualify for government help. My hubs came home yesterday, he is off work now so will be getting a small paycheque but greatly reduced, as he works for commissions mostly. My daughter is a retail manager, Staples Office Supplies is open on limited hrs now so she is still going in for a few hrs here and there but I think they will close by next wk. The emails have been coming the last day or two that more and more retail stores are closing now. Almost all restaurants are closed and a few have takeout only, not allowed inside. I was lucky enough to get some bird food and dog food as one closed yesterday and the other may close soon they said.

But the silver lining is that hopefully all these drastic measures will help to slow down the infection rate and give the professionals time to develop a vaccine and for many who do become infected, to survive and build antibodies for it.

I'm going to scrap later, I need that therapy. I started a book that appeals to me during this time, "The First Phone Call From Heaven". I'm going to get out for walks/jogs with Taz along the river across the street from us and binge watch a lot of shows that have been on my to-watch list.

I'm going to do some spring cleaning around here next week while I have the extra time on my hands. I also want to re-organize my pantry and freezers and see what items I need to replenish soon if I can. Hubs is going to steam clean the carpets and I'll clean out some closets. I also want to get some baking done. A little comfort food is a good idea right now