View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 01:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Even though we're the epicenter of Washington state (you're not far either Rae!) here in EASTERN WA, things were a bit slower to cancel, close, etc. My dental office I work at finally closed for hygiene (only after all 5 of us hygienists refused to go to work & called in sick) and although the state department of health & the american dental association recommended dental offices ONLY see true emergencies, I have a number of friends that are hygienists that are still working. THIS has been my stress. I have blasted every agency, politician, etc that I know to try to get MANDATED closures- since a lot of offices are not following recommendations or guidelines. EVERYTHING we do at a dental appointment produces aerosols (tiny drops of water, spit, blood, VIRUSES, bacteria, etc)- which is the WELL KNOWN cause of spread for this particular virus. Add that into a LONG (up to 2 week) incubation period where patients will have ZERO symptoms and pass all our screenings = disaster. I'm going to TRY to stay off of most of social media today because I just dont know what else I can do and I need a mental health break! I'm going to get some scrapping done & get outside with the kids for some sun & vit D!

In our NEIGHBORHOOD- (we live across from a LDS temple, so I would say we have about 75% LDS families here = lots of great neighbors & kids!) it's eerie. It is SO quiet. Usually there is always kids playing outside, people walking by, basketballs bouncing, etc. Hubby went to the grocery store yesterday & said it was really strange- lots of empty shelves. thankfully they had what I needed- avocados, lemons & cream cheese!

Last edited by AmieN1; 03-18-2020 at 01:27 PM.