View Single Post
Old 03-18-2020, 01:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's so hard to wrap your head around all of this, isn't it?!?! I'm an introvert, so being home doesn't bother me all that much honestly. My kids are off for two weeks & at this point I'm just letting them take a break from their studies since the school district isn't doing anything online. I'm kind of treating it like a Spring Break right now and letting them play outside and watch some tv. My daughter taught me some yoga yesterday that she learned in her gym class! We lit a fire in our firepit and burned some paper trash and some sticks and debris from the yard. The kids set up the volleyball net and played that together. Thank goodness we have had good weather! We live in the country, surrounded by cornfields. The traffic has slowed a bit, but people are still out walking on the path across the street from our house.

My 15 yo daughter works as a hostess at a local family-owned restaurant and I haven't heard from them what they are doing at this point. Most of the local eateries are now offering take out or delivery only. She changed her schedule because she is supposed to be playing on her high school softball team and only working on weekends, but all sports are postponed right now. I'm not sure if she is going to still work on the weekends and help with take-out orders which she would do as a hostess anyway. She is supposed to go to Germany in June...no idea what is happening with that...

I only work part-time for a home-care agency, and they haven't said much either, except to send a memo saying they are doing everything they can....but not what they are actually doing!... I only work on the weekends and the lady I take care of has dementia and isn't aware of the situation.

My husband is a painter at a trucking company that builds commercial vehicles. There are only 4 people that work in his paint shop, and they are still working right now. He said they haven't heard anything about shutting down.

I'm pretty picky about cleaning the house anyway, so I haven't really done anything differently. I feel like I'm doing a lot more laundry with the kids home, though for some reason. At least I can hang it on the wash line which always make me happy for some reason.

Thank goodness for sites like this and digital scrapbooking in general! Take care, everyone!

Last edited by 3BluEyedBabi; 03-18-2020 at 01:33 PM.