View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 12:29 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Schools and some stores are closed here. Maryland and DC have closed all restaurants (take out and delivery only), and I wish Virginia would do the same. Too many people don't seem to be taking it seriously. DH is teleworking. He's been working 12 hour days because he works for the Federal Government and is one of many people trying to figure out all the coronavirus-related funding. The rest of us are home because schools are closed. I thought I'd have so much free time that I'd scrap and do house projects this month. Ha! Helping the kids with schoolwork, meals, extra cleaning, and trying to do the little bit of work I need to do is taking all my time so far.

I've been to the grocery store a few times. It's not terrible here. You have to get lucky to find TP, paper towels, and eggs. Other than that, stock is low but they're not out of food. The grocery stores are restocking shelves like crazy. I hope all those workers stay healthy and get nice raises!

Lauren got her braces on last week, the day before anything here shut down. At that point things still seemed okay and it never occurred to us to cancel, but a few days later the dentist closed for everything except emergencies. It's a little scary how quickly things went from business as usual to this.

All of my kids are readers, so that's how they've passed a lot of their time. That and schoolwork. Tomorrow it's supposed to be in the 70's, so I'm planning to take them hiking in the afternoon at a trail where we shouldn't see many people and can keep a good deal of distance from everyone. (If that turns out not to be the case, we'll just come home.) I think parks here will start closing soon, too, so I want to get outside while we still can.

Thankfully Dan's job, which is most of our income, won't be affected. I'll keep getting paid for now, but I'm worried about next school year. The preschool I teach at had to cancel its main fundraiser, and if the economy is bad or people fear sending their kids to school because of Covid-19 we'll be under-enrolled.