View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 04:28 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Schools have been closed since last week Monday (which was their Spring Break anyhow); churches are closed for Sunday mass and all restaurants are closed to "in-dining" (only take-out and delivery), which is state mandated until April 10th or further notice (contingent on...well you know). I've been doing tele-work at home since the beginning of April due to a sick 6 year old who had RSV, then a sinus infection. I have noticed anxiety starting to show it's ugly self, but been taking deep breaths and meditating to calm the woes of being home; not so much about the virus/pandemic...crazy no?! The streets have been not as busy like they used to be, but people are still acting stupid. One of the workers at Dollar General was telling me a lady came all the way from TX with her horse trailer and demanded to buy every TP, kleenex, lysol, etc......even when there was a line all the way to the back at her register. Before our Governor mandated the stores to limit items, she said she did just that and wouldn't allow this lady to "hoard", so everyone in line would have at least something. Fair IMO, but can't believe some people. I get it, but get only what you need so others can get. I've been trying to get ground beef for a month now and haven't had ANY luck.....we do what we can.

On another note, my eldest son informed me one of his co-workers had been in contact with a friend whose wife was tested positive with COVID-19, yet they have not told all of them to self-isolate!! He said it's because the head honchos (he is employed at the National Guard Full-Time -- and he is also P/T national guardsman) wants to have proof before they make the announcement; so he is very worried to say the least.