View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 01:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Rae, praying for your daughter and peace for you. Biancka, prayers also for your FIL, the hospital is not a safe place at the moment.

US: 85,000 dases
Deaths 1300

Ohio: 867 cases
15 deaths

My county: 16 cases
2 deaths

The US has been hit hard, but thankfully Ohio is not as hard hit as some other states where the hospitals are overwhelmed. There is a widespread shortage of personal protective equipment for healthcare workers, and those I know who work in healthcare are scared.

We have had schools closed for 2 weeks in Ohio and all non-essential businesses are closed. We are permitted to work if you work for an essential business, we can go to the grocery store or to get healthcare. Otherwise we are supposed to stay home.

Financially, things are not good with so many businesses closed. 3.3 million Americans are newly out of work, about 20% of the workers. My husband is working from home. Thankful he is able to work.

I have had a fever and sore throat the last 2 days so am isolating in my room. We have my 76 mother in law living with us so I'm concerned for her. She has been going out to the grocery store the past few days despite my urging her not to. Hoping we weather this well. Thinking of all of you and hoping and praying for safety for everyone!