View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the info on the Feliway! Might need that with Toby- he will use his litter but likes to go other places as well. Silly boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnirene View Post
Generally, I have always thought that males were friendlier (growing up, the only unfriendly cats we had were female, and the males were all super-sweet), so when I went into the shelter a few months ago to get two cats for DH and me, I was expecting to pick up two males.

But, we ended up with a female kitten and an older (8yo) male that got along great. There was a little room we could test them out together, and they got along fine. It is harder to tell with kittens if they will get along, but if there is any way to test them out together, to make sure that they don't completely hate one another from the start? That's what I would try if possible.

If there are any behavioral issues (fighting, spraying, not using the litter, , territorial scratching, scared/nervous cats, etc), I definitely recommend Feliway diffusers. My parents had issues with their two male neutered cats spraying and it helped a lot. We also use it now to help our one scaredy-cat be less anxious, and I think it helps with scratching too.