View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
DH has gotten me a few SSD gc's over the years, and I think every one one of them was actually just him telling me to get myself one. I'm fine with that--I get to buy new scrap stuff regardless of who does the actual gc buying, and DH doesn't snoop around SSD, LOL. I usually say nice things here about him, but there have been a few rants from time to time better left in the past!

I often buy myself Visa gcs for scrap stuff as a way of budgeting, and I've learned that some of them work well online and some don't. Once you buy the Visa GC, you log on and register it. Some cards ask for too little info about you (address, etc), and then the more reputable companies like PayPal can't put the charge through because they can't verify what they need to. If she goes the Visa GC route, she should stay away from the ones at Target. I usually buy Vanilla Visa and the ones from my grocery store. Unfortunately there's no real identifying name on those, but the small print says they're put out by MetaBank. The MetaBank one says it's valid only in the US, but you'd know more than I would about whether it will work for you at a US store.
Rachel, what about the online visa gift cards; have you ever used those?