View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 03:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
Welcome back! So sorry to hear about your mother, big hugs! My mom was recently diagnosed with dementia/Alzheimers. It's a tough disease. I didn't realize until her diagnosis how prevalent it is. In the U.S. 1 out of 3 people will pass away of a dementia-related illness.

Let's see, in the last three years, I had a baby (at the age of 43). He just turned 2 in May. Last year, I found several siblings and have established relationships with my paternal lineage. I guess those are the two most exciting developments, lol.
Baby is great news :-) Also finding relatives. My father has 2 cousins in Serbia (they all come from an old Slovak community that came to that area cca 18th century), but we lost contact during the war in the 1990s. One of them found me on Facebook (basically she created an account to find me), and I went to see them 2 years ago.

Sorry to hear about your Mum's having been diagnosed. Sadly it is very common. When I talk to people about Mum it turns out somebody in their family also had AD. :-(