View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 08:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1) Do our Featured Designer Spend $10 freebies influence your decision to shoppe each week? Why or why not?

Absolutely. I've tried to discipline myself by adding things to my wishlist each week and waiting for those big sales, but if there's a FD freebie that I fall in love with? Everything goes right into my shopping cart instead.

2) Ongoing Theme or Stand-Alone products? Do you like collecting all of the pieces to an overarching theme or would you prefer kits that stand alone?

I honestly don't know that it matters, because even your Ongoing Theme products don't necessarily work together. The music-themed kits, for example, have been adorable, and it's been fun to see what each designer has chosen for their song of the week and how they've chosen to work it into a kit. But they each stand on their own. They have distinct color schemes and do not mix-and-match in any way. I really don't feel compelled to collect them all, not like I feel compelled to collect all the pieces of a mega kit like you've done for your site anniversary or Christmas.

3) Do you have a suggestion for an ongoing theme for next year's (or future) Featured Designer Freebies? Feel free to share more than one idea if you have them!

I would love to see a color-driven theme for next year's FD freebies! What about working your way around the color wheel a couple times with different types of color schemes? First pass could be Monochromatic + neutrals, then Analagous + neutrals, then Triadic + neutrals, etc.

The UN has declared 2021 as the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables. (Seriously.) You could use that as a theme, with each designer having a fruit or vegetable to use as some form of inspiration. Peach could give you the color, or inspire a kit about the city of Atlanta. Lettuce could inspire a play-on-words in the title like "Let Us Play" or "Let Us Gather".

What about emotions as a theme? Here's a list of 27 different human emotions, and I think any one of them could be a good inspiration for a kit: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele.../#320726013359

4) What would you like to ask our designers in next year's Featured Designer interviews? Share a question or two!

In a time when the industry is contracting and a lot of designers have retired, why have you chosen to continue to design digital scrapbooking products?

Do you scrapbook for yourself? Why or why not?

If you cook for yourself or your family at all, please share a favorite recipe! (I'm always down for collecting these.)

5) Solos or Collabs? We've done both in our Featured Designer series over the years. Do you have a preference?

I love Collabs! There are a few designers in the shop that I generally don't buy because they're not my style, but if you mix them with another designer, I love the results. There have even been times when I've tried a designer I didn't think was a fit for me through a collab, and I became a fan and started buying their stuff. But I like solos, too.