View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 12:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud
Default Big step forward tomorrow....

I borrowed money from my sister to pay a retainer for a lawyer to proceed with divorce. Still haven't shared this with my husband yet.... feeling pretty nervous about what his reaction will be, although unless he's completely clueless, it's obvious that neither of us is happy in our marriage, and haven't been for a long time.
I've met with this lawyer once already (for a free consult), but now it's feeling much more real... I am so looking forward to life "after" but I am not gonna lie... I'm really afraid that this is going to be ugly. I have soooo many questions about how this process works; I've written a big list and will be bringing it with me tomorrow. My main concern is for our 3 boys. They are 12, almost 14, and 16. I want primary custody of them, and that is a non-negotiable for me. I'm not going to go into details, but he's a lousy father and he'll be lucky if they want to spend time with him on a regular basis..... but I'm still concerned that things might not go the way I want them to.
Please send positive thoughts and energy.... I could use them.