View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 09:50 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've always had a terrible memory. It's one of the main reasons I scrap--I knew I'd never remember the meaning behind the photos, the kids' personalities or favorites at any given age, etc. if it wasn't written down. I don't have any diagnosed memory problems, but I think it's very common for those early years with children to be a big blur, memory-wise. (The more sleep deprived we are, the worse it is, which makes those years especially bad for my memory; my middle child has a sleep disorder, so it was years after his birth before I got anything approaching a decent night's sleep.) When I think about my kids' younger years, I'm more often picturing my 'cheat-sheets' (ie, the pages I made) than truly remembering the memories.

I know that pictures I take often won't get scrapped for a year or more, so I always take notes in the moment. I like to do it on my phone, often with voice to text to speed it up.

It sounds like you already have some good strategies for filling in the blanks where you can. If you have your calendar, planner, or calendar app from those times you may also be able to match dates on photos with your plans for the day.

Try not to be too hard on yourself. Recreate the milestones and memories from other sources where you can, and just scrap fun photos where you can't.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk