View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 10:50 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecadet View Post
Vicky,

You're not alone in collecting supplies for a long time. I plead guilty too.

I saw the ad for this month's birthday celebration and just drooled over the gift kit and Studio Flergs amazing graphics. So, I pulled out my supplies and got to work. My photoshop skills are rusty, but I'm catching up fast.

1. Templates - Yes! So much easier.

2. Kit Scrapper - Pretty much, again easier/quicker, no color palette issues. But sometimes you just need that special paper or element, and then I go hunting through my stash.

3. Saving Layouts - I save the .psd file, and the print file (3600 px x 3600 px and 300 dpi), and a web file (size depends on the gallery). I also save the credits in the File Info for the layout.

4. Printing - Adorama - save up your layouts until there is a sale

5. I like to print out a draft layout before sending to the printer. For some reason, I can't see booboos unless it's on paper. That, and wait a week or two after completing the layout. Nothing is worse than printing a book and seeing typos and weird elements floating around.

Ha!! Join the club. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I also started participating everyday for the Birthday challenges and had to make a few layouts. It was time I started using all the stuff I have bought through the years. I see daily improvement of my photoshop skills too.
As far as Flergs, I had to buy that bundle, it was gorgeous.
Thanks for the tips about the booboos, I notice them too after I save the page and close photoshop elements, so I'll have that advice on my mind.