View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

I have a 16 year old daughter who is a junior. Can't believe how time flies! We have a hodgepodge of curriculum - whatever fits best for each subject. We are all thankful she plans to take college courses next year. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE having her home, but she is about on my last nerve sometimes when it comes to schooling and doing what is required.

We are in PA, so there are lots of rules. It's not so bad now that I've made it through a year of their requirements, but last year - I was in almost full panic mode. Coming from Alaska where there aren't any rules? Big change! Next year DD has to have an English class...and that's it for her requirement to graduate, however we will have her do as much prerequisite courses as she can so when she flitters away to college the year after, she has some courses completed and can get to the FUN stuff! lol I'm thankful she can take the college courses because it is a good transition for test taking, independent study (which is what she's done for the last 2-3 years in homeschool), learning how things are done in college, etc. Good stuff!

At times I am a bit envious of y'all who are schooling from day 1 on...We didn't start until 7th grade. However....and empty nest does look appealing on some days!