View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 03:37 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I think there are as many kinds of homeschooling as there are homeschoolers. We might even do it differently with different kids in the same family.

As unschoolers, we have a different kind of structure based on interests and the activities we choose to do. We work on projects, attend homeschool group activities, go to classes. For example, I just got back from dropping my second daughter off at drama club. Her sister was already there because film club was the two hours prior. While Caroline was waiting for time to leave for drama club she was working on some music she had created on Garage Band. When we were driving there, I suggested she could invite drama club friends over to our house for the next two Wednesday afternoons, because they're going to have a break between shows (they are performing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang the first two weekends of February). She began planning to write another script for her and her friends to work on here at the house for the two Wednesdays drama club isn't meeting.

We just live, doing things that need to be done and that we want to do. I've written about our homeschooling life and collected articles about it on my unschooling page if you'd like to read more. I'm happy to answer specific questions too.