View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 05:22 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMilfd View Post
Something I have pondered as well as i have one child but 2 step children. Do i avoid them as to not step on the feelings of the step children? I avoid them all just for this reason but i absolutely over think everything on trying to make things equal
Ooo, that's a tricky dynamic too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
I wonder this same thing! I've actually had a conversation with my girls (9 and 11) (b/c I worried, not that they ever expressed any concerns) and showed them a good mix of pages with I've made with each of them and those types of sayings. Once they started to see that it was pretty evenly distributed and that I use those same word arts on both of their pages they were okay.
What a great conversation to have! Yes, it's not like I would only use "you're #1" type word art for one child and never the other, so they would each see that sort of sentiment on pages about themselves as well as about their sibling and the two of them together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post

My children are VERY different from each other so I try not to compare them to each other or the pages I make for them. They're lucky to get scrapbook pages made about them all! I am careful with the way I phrase things in my journaling, especially when it comes to more sensitive topics, but I don't put too much stock into the wordart or overall theme as potentially offending or upsetting my child.
Ha! Yeah, hopefully whomever my future-adult-child is complaining to about any disparity between the scrapbook pages will say something like, "well, on the bright side, your mom made you scrapbook pages!"