View Single Post
Old 07-18-2020, 10:46 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I am retired and spent time this winter scanning negatives from my childhood. Found some negatives for photos that I no longer have the physical photo, that was exciting.

While I was sorting those is when the pandemic hit so even more time to get things organized. Once I did I decided to scrap some of my old photos and made a plan for what photos to scrap. I scrap by themes.

First one up was vacations. Found some Disney photos for my Disney album as well. Got all those scrapped and printed at PP and in albums.

Then in May I got side tracked and ended up organizing my hard drive and external hard drives after I found some kits were in 4 different folders on a drive. Since one EHD is a backup, I had those kits in 8 places! So I spent time getting all that stuff sorted and I have a spreadsheet of what is where with one EHD being a mirror image of my main hard drive and 2 EHD's as mirror backups.

Once that was finished I got back to scrapping. I did a book for my cousin of photos of her family from their wedding in 1976 to the present. Just got the book from Shutterfly today that I will give to her. I have 12x12 prints for me that will go to her family when I'm gone.

Next up is doing the same thing for her brother's family. I have a spreadsheet that I list all the events/layouts on. Some of the layouts from the first book can be used in the second book.

So I have been working with mostly older photos. I do have a list of other theme projects that I will work on once I finish the next project. I think catching up on Peyton's book is next after my cousin's book. I scrapped the first year of puppy hood and she's 3 for I have 2 years to catch up on.