View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 02:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
Cassie - I bet you are the queen of organizing....b/c you need to be for your lifestyle, right? We've lived in our home for over 20 yrs so when we move in the next 3 yrs or so it's going to be crazy, trying to sort, pack, purge, etc. That's also in the back of my mind so when I organize and sort things I think about how much I might want it or can I let it go, knowing that in a few yrs we'll be downsizing.

Definitely, although I do tend to hoard craft supplies and sentimental stuff like school papers, projects etc. It's the memory keeper in me!

My mom has lived in the same place most of my life and has multiple properties (house, cabin, 2nd house closer to the VA hospital when she cared for my grandpa, etc) all with pole buildings, sheds etc. As a result she has never had to clean up/get rid of. She just moves stuff from one place to another. It's a true hoarder situation but after having to go through my grandmother's estate my mom is trying to take control of her situation so I don't have to after she's gone. These are the times I wish I lived closer so I could help her! Too much stuff really does clutter the mind!