View Single Post
Old 04-28-2021, 08:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh man, where to start....ok...my words of wisdom are...
  • Stay true to yourself, whether it's as a pocket scrapper, minimalist, artsy, traditional...whatever...its all good.
  • Staying true to yourself and your style doesn't mean that you should never go outside your comfort zone but only if and when you feel the urge. For years I was a minimalist scrapper and that was ok but then when I started filling up the page more and clustering a whole heck of a lot more...that was ok too.
  • If scrapping isn't fun, you need to figure out what you need to change b/c it should never feel like a chore, make you feel overwhelmed or not talented enough, it should feed your soul, your own personal creativity, whatever that may be.

As far as tips go...
  • Learn keyboard shortcuts. In PS, I use Control + G a lot to group layers together, Control Z to undo the last command, V to select the move tool and control plus - or + signs to decrease and increase the brush size. Open up brush selection by right click on mouse.
  • When you find tutorials, save them to a pinterest board so they will be available to easily refer back to.
  • Watch youtube videos to learn a new technique.

My biggest regret is that I didn't start applying for an SSD CT spot here much earlier, feeling too chicken to apply and by the time I did apply, too many years had gone by (I think I applied 3 times) so now feel that it has passed me by. Don't be afraid to "put yourself out there" and try for what you want.