View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by glumirk View Post
Do you use dryer sheets? I've been looking into some alternatives, but I really worry about the static because it drives me crazy.
I dont use dryer sheets either. The static drives hubby a little nuts, so I started using a cloth with fabric softener on it in the dryer, tossed in with the clothes. Just need a little bit, and only need to put more on every few loads. It makes your fabric softener last WAYYYYY longer.

Also for laundry detergent I use Soap Nuts (http://www.buysoapnuts.com/ - this isnt where I have gotten them, I got them locally, but this site has lots of good info). I make liquid detergent out of them too - and that lasts even longer. I think I have spent $40 on them, in the last two years, total, if not longer.

Other things I am doing/want to do to save money:
-switch our cell phone company (as soon as our contracts are up, we are switching to a carrier that is HALF the price)
-use coupons, and only buy things I dont HAVE to have unless they are on sale. Pretty much the only things I dont buy on sale are produce and milk. I try and stock up on things when they ARE on sale so I dont have to buy anything at full price.
-shop for clothes a season ahead, shop the clearance section, and use lots of hand-me-downs for the kids. We are lucky to have friends with older girls. I just bought my 3yr old dress shoes yesterday for 2.94.

Last edited by k23m; 02-22-2013 at 12:32 PM. Reason: adding more!