View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 09:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I fall somewhere in the middle. I'm not a shopper and don't buy unless we have a true use for something, which helps keeps clutter under control. But I'm also a sentimental keeper and practical enough that I don't like to throw out things that we might need to re-buy in the future. I tend to be drowning in paper clutter but okay with other stuff. (But yeah...the idea of having to clean it all out to move makes me want to cry. I have a lot that wouldn't come with us if we moved.)

A couple of summers ago we had some water damage in our basement. We were forced to throw away soooo much. It was such a big job to go through and throw it all out--notebooks from our college days, years worth of books from before I switched to ebooks, baby clothes, my kids' artwork...But in reality, there was very little that I'm upset about losing--generally there's a reason it was down in the basement. (And the few things that really did mean something to us we were able to dry out and keep. I may have 1/10th the collection of kids artwork that I used to, but I still do have some and have pictures of a lot of what we tossed.)