View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 02:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
#7. Photography : Love Your Selfie
Participate in Traci’s Love Your Selfie photo-a-day challenge and scrap at least 15 of the photos!

I'm hoping, but I don't think.....is 15 a typo? Perhaps it should say 1-5?

But do all the 15 photos have to be selfies? Or just general, fit the check mark for the prompt photos?
don't hate me...

It actually IS for 15 photos... BUT don't totally freak out

This is meant to be a challenge on more creative ways to document, through photography, what's currently taking in place in your life. The photos you capture/include can be anything that represents how each prompt is meaningful to you - offering a glimpse of your life through a different lens. Think about "selfies" in broader strokes... your photos do not need to be headshots! [Whew! am I right??!!] I honestly think there are so many delightful ways to creatively and thoughtfully spin how you might interpret each prompt.

Below I've included Traci's beautiful thoughts about her motivation and inspiration behind the challenge...

"I’m so, so excited to share with you a new project I’m embarking upon for the new year. One of the things I learned in 2019 is that truly, authentically, loving yourself just as you are takes PRACTICE. It’s an every day endeavor to practice self love and it’s something we women are taught to refrain from at a very young age.
⠀⠀
Selfies and self love are construed as vain and vapid and meanwhile we are avoiding the camera AND telling our stories.
⠀⠀
In 2020 I’m hoping to change that with a new kind of photo a day challenge that combines the “currently” vibe that we memory keepers love so much with a selfie a day challenge.

No, that doesn’t mean you have to front-face shoot a photo every day, it means capturing you in your every day, whether it’s your face or just your feet, and then captioning it with a story. A long story, a short story...it doesn’t matter, the point is to tell YOUR story.
⠀⠀
I purposefully didn’t number this list because I don’t want you searching for a photo to fulfill a prompt, but rather finding authentic stories that happen to match any of the prompts for the day."

If you take a look at all the wonderful images that have already been shared with the hashtag #everydayselfielove Traci's promoting for the challenge, I think you'll discover some really terrific images that will help to inspire you... promise!