View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 03:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I'm not nearly as fast a scrapper as Vanessa is, but I've been doing something like what you're describing. Even though I love having my finished weekly pages to look back on, I don't enjoy the process of narrowing down the pictures, getting everything placed in a template, and making the journaling (which I pre-write throughout the year) fit. I've started batching them like you're describing, and it's helping. First I went through, sorted photos into folders by which page they'll go on, and deleted the ones I won't use. (My To Scrap folder is all copies, so I delete as I finish with them.) Then I organized my journaling. Right now I'm in the process of placing each week's photos and journaling into templates. Later I'll go back and add papers and elements. That's the fun part, so I won't procrastinate it the way I do the earlier steps. I'm finding that when I get into a routine like this it's easier to make myself move onto the next one and get them done. When I'm scrapping start to finish for one page, I have trouble switching gears constantly back into the less fun parts that I have to concentrate on.
Rachel, this is me to a T. I love looking at the finished product and I like pulling in papers and elements, but I hate going through and choosing photos and putting them in templates! I have also started trying to take less photos, or more meaningful photos, but I think what bogs me down especially are trips. I take a lot of photos on vacations and then when I sit down to scrap the trip I am overwhelmed. My Disney trips especially really bog me down-I know you are a Disney fan too. I'm almost finished with my 2018 trip, and haven't yet touched my 2019 trip!