View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 12:33 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Yeah! I'm glad you found a workable way to get your tags back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
Those of you that don't tag... how do you manage? I'd never find what I was looking for. If it's a new kit that I'm using I'll usually use it only on a page, other than that I use a whole hodge podge of different kit pieces.
I've been digiscrapping since 2004, so I started using a folder-based system for organizing before tagging was really a thing. I copy the kit preview into relevant folders, and if there are any elements I LOVE and could see myself using frequently I copy them into folders, too.

For example, a winter kit that had great flowers might have its preview in Seasonal and Flowers and Foliage. If the same kit had a wonderful kraft paper, I would copy it into a folder of favorite backgrounds. Then if I needed a certain style of flower, I'd look in my Flowers and Foliage folder and see my favorite 100 or so flowers plus previews for 20 kits that have amazing flowers. Even though I'm duplicating things and that takes extra space, most kits only get 2-3 files plus the kit preview copied into folders.