Thread: Dream Job
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 10:52 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Dream Job

I am not sure how many of you know my back story, I tend to talk a lot and share openly, a lot, so many of you may know a lot about me. LOL But just in case some don't, being a scrapbook designer is my second gig. Five days a week I report to an office where I am a Production Planning Supervisor for an international food company. I love my job, it totally suits my personality because like me, it is chaotic yet organized to the nth degree, and I control it down to every detail, which appeases the control freak in me. It's a great job, but it is not my dream job.

Being a digital scrapbook designer is something that I started dreaming about doing as soon as I started digital scrapbooking. I am pretty confident in a lot of areas, like I know I am good at my day job, but I am not at all confident when it comes to being "artistic" so I dreamed for a long while, but didn't chase that dream. Then a friend reminded me that I wasn't getting any younger and I needed to let go of the "not being good enough" fear and do something more than dream. In other words, she gave me a kick in the rear. LOL

When I decided to finally chase that dream, I also decided that I wanted to be a digital designer here at SSD, so with that goal in mind, I went for it. I took classes, started a blog, entered contests, made freebies and opened my first shop in 2013. I continued to work on my skills and applied at every opportunity to be a designer here, because if you don't try, you will never succeed. Finally in December of 2017, I got an email from Robin that started off "welcome Home." Best email ever!

So I am working my dream job, here, and every day I am thankful for it. I wish I could do it full time, but as a widow, I hold tight to security and my day job is just that, my security blanket. But still, I dream of the day I can retire from that and pursue this full time, because dreaming helps keep me motivated.

I've enjoyed all the recent posts and getting to know more about all of you, so this week, I am asking you to share your dream job with me, and not just the title, but the story behind it. I want to know if you are doing it now and how you achieved it, if you are working towards it and what steps you are taking, or if you are in the dreaming stage, what you love about it and if you are afraid, like I was for so long, to chase it or if you have to hold off for other reasons. Share as much or as little as you want about it, it can just be the title after all, and about yourself.

I'm looking forward to hearing your story!