Thread: Dream Job
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 06:56 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri Tierney View Post
When I was little I wanted to be a mom. That's all I ever wanted. I remember we had to write a report on the career we wanted for future when I was in 6th grade. I said mom. My teacher said "that's not a career" and handed me a print out of information on child psychology. I stayed home with my kids until my oldest went into 4th grade and my youngest into kindergarten. I didn't plan to go back to work then, but stumbled into a job (explained below). I'm kind of glad I stumbled into it the way I did because I was able to ease back into the workforce and never felt stressed about it like I would have if I would have had to decide what I wanted to do.
I wanted to be a stay at home mom too. My husband and I shared a dream of having four kids and me being at home until the last one was in school and maybe even after to help him on the ranch. (I married a cowboy.) But when he passed, that dream changed from necessity and also from the realization after the first and only child I had, that I was not cut out to be a stay at home mom. Loved my boy to death, but I went about batty being at home and not feeling like I had control of things. Of course at that time, my whole world felt out of control, so maybe it would have been different with him. No way to know, but I knew that under the circumstances and on my own, one was enough. LOL