Thread: Dream Job
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 10:47 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly27 View Post
So cool to read about you all...My dream job was to teach but I then decided to stay at home with my kiddos. I tried out the usual stay at home jobs like Stampin Up, Creative Memories etc. I was a digi designer for a few years then life took over with kid 2...I then sold clothes through an online company. I am still trying to get rid of inventory...LOL

My boys are now almost 17 and will be a senior then the youngest is almost 11 and will be starting middle school. I am happy being at home for them...teen/preteen years are tough. My oldest has a girlfriend now and am glad to be home to hang out with them when they are here.

Hubby and I love to travel a lot...so we are looking forward to more time to do that together. He wants to me to start a travel podcast but I am still working on my thoughts.
We joke that I love being a trophy wife and running our burning ship...but I am a terrible housekeeper for sure...cooking not so bad but housekeeping I suck...LOL
Those teen years are tough, so your kids are lucky to have you home with them. Had I stayed home with mine everyday during his teen years, he would have not made it out of them. Gosh, he was a jerk during his teens. LOL

I love the burning ship comment. LOL I am not a bad housekeeper, I just don't believe a little dust is a bad thing and I hate sweeping with a passion. I will do it, but I hate it. Frankly I would rather pay someone else to do it, but now that it is just me, it isn't worth paying anyone because I am not that messy. My mom was messy and a terrible housekeeper, so I have been doing housework since I was old enough to sweep. Maybe that is why I hate sweeping so much! LOL

What was your designer name? What made you stop designing?